Steve Turnbull: Steve works with wood, stone, and bronze. He collects driftwood from the coastlines of the Northwest and enhances the beauty of fine, exotic woods from his home in the Hawaiian Islands.
Steve Turnbull was born west of the Cascade mountains in Washington state, where he obtained a BFA at the University of Washington. His studies took him to the island of Maui to continue his education under the tutelage of his uncle, and Master Sculptor, Bruce Turnbull.
Exhibitions and galleries include; New York Art Expo, Honolulu Art Expo, Maui Arts and Cultural Center, Lahaina Galleries, Patricia Rovzar gallery in Seattle, Neiman Marcus in Honolulu, Sargent’s Fine Art, and his home and studio nestled in the Maui Mountains.
“My challenge is to collaborate with nature, to suggest a form within the medium, enhancing its natural beauty.”
To see more of Steve’s sculpture, please visit his personal website, SteveTurnbullSculpture.com.
Steve Turnbull is also represented by Lahaina Galleries.
Awards & Recognition
- Andaz Hotel, Maui, HI, abstract entry sculpture
- Thailand Monarchy, State of Hawaii commission for the Princess of Thailand
- Peter Farrel, ResMed, San Diego, CA
- Fred Turner, McDonalds Corp. Chicago, IL
- Neiman Marcus, Honolulu, HI ~ 10’ ohai wood sculpture
- Multinational Bancorporation, Makati, Philippines ~ wood and stone sculpture
- Microsoft McDowell Sculpture Garden, Bellevue, WA
- Miles Sand and Gravel, Seattle, WA ~ driftwood wall hangings
- Gompf Brackets, Issaquah, WA ~ wood and stone collection
- The Baldwin Company, Newport Beach, CA
- Tarlow Real Estate Investments, Santa Barbara, CA
- Cosway Inc., Capistrano Beach, CA
- Los Angeles Times, Linda Cole, Los Angeles, CA
- Arthur J Broder, DMD, Brookline, MA
- Law Firm, Kirkland, WA
- Scientific Services, Inc., Redwood City, CA
- Elevator Company of America, Sewick, PA
- Langer Medical Clinic, New York
- Numerous private collections throughout the world
Bronze Limited Edition Sculpture by Steve Turnbull
Wood Sculpture by Steve Turnbull
Nieman Marcus Corporate Collection
Dance of the Sea – “Kahula O Ke Kai”
Medium: Ohai Wood
Unique: One Of A Kind
Size: 4′ X 4′ X 10′
This work was commissioned by Neiman Marcus as part of their permanent corporate art collection. It is on display in their Honolulu, Hawaii store at the world famous Ala Moana Shopping Center.
Steve Turnbull’s evocation of the spirit of the sea was selected by the Neiman Marcus art committee. The work was carved from a single, huge piece of beautifully figured ohai wood.